At DC Smiles in Washington, DC and Alexandria, VA, our team and dentist, Dr. Singer, are pleased to be able to offer various types of sedation for patients who need help remaining calm and relaxed during their dental procedures.
If you’re in Alexandria, VA and need a skilled, compassionate sedation dentist, please contact DC Smiles online or call Old Town Alexandria Office Phone Number 703-299-4614 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Singer, who also sees patients in Washington, DC, Burke, Springfield, Fairfax, McLean, and Arlington.
Are you a Sedation Dentistry Candidate?
The use of sedation during dental procedures has become increasingly common in recent years because the practice provides benefits to the patient and the dentist.
For some people, sedatives may be the only way to perform and/or achieve optimal results from their dental treatment.
If you answer yes to any of the following Six Sedation Dentistry Questions, you may be a good candidate for sedation dentistry services performed by Dr. Singer at DC Smiles:
- Sedation Dentistry Question No. 1: Have you experienced a significant dental trauma and therefore have negative associations with visiting the dentist?
- Sedation Dentistry Question No. 2: Do you become anxious over the prospect of visiting the dentist?
- Sedation Dentistry Question No. 3: Have you put off important dental care because of your hesitation to visit the dentist?
- Sedation Dentistry Question No. 4: Is it painful for you to have even routine dental care?
- Sedation Dentistry Question No. 5: Do you have a highly sensitive gag reflex? Oftentimes, patients who do have a sensitive gag reflex find the problem to be even more acute when they’re anxious or nervous.
- Sedation Dentistry Question No. 6: Do you anticipate the need to have a great deal of dental work done in a single visit?
Conscious sedation may also be an option for patients with special needs.
Some of the dental procedures that are well-suited to sedation dentistry include:
The best way to determine what type of sedation is right for you is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Singer so that he may review your options and provide details about the benefits and side effects of each of those options.