What is an Implant Dentist?
Implant-focused dentists such as Dr. Singer at DC Smiles, are specially-trained in implant procedures and keep up with advancing dental implant technologies and prostheses to ensure that patients receive the most current and state-of-the-art care.
Dr. Singer has placed thousands of dental implants over the past 20 years and has taken many hundreds of hours in continuing education in dental implants with the industry’s premier organizations dedicated to dental implantology including the Academy of Osseointegration, the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, and the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. He also has written scientific papers that have been published in prestigious, dedicated, dental implant journals.
Dr. Singer is particularly skilled in immediate implants, a procedure where a tooth is extracted and replaced immediately by an implant. This all happens in one appointment so the patient never goes without a tooth (or teeth).
Dr. Singer, call our office in Alexandria, VA at Old Town Alexandria Office Phone Number 703-299-4614 or
call our Washington, DC office at Washington DC Office Phone Number 202-912-9200.
Dental implants have a striking long-term success rate of 98 percent or better in many current published studies, particularly when patients practice good dental hygiene and preventative care after their implant procedure.
With anesthesia and sedatives, the vast majority of dental implant patients experience little to no discomfort from the procedure.
Most dental implant patients say they heal quickly from the procedure and find their new teeth to be attractive, durable, and indistinguishable from natural teeth. Some dental implant patients can even attest to living with implants for decades without the need to repair or replace them.
Six areas that set experienced or focused implant dentists apart from other dentists:
- Implant focused dentists are trained to perform specific oral surgical procedures and have amassed significant practical experience in this area.
- Implant focused dentists can evaluate your current dental health and then determine which type of implants are most appropriate.
- During your consultation, an implant-focused dentist will be ready to answer your questions and respond to any concerns you may have about the procedure.
- In order to satisfy the strict qualifications required to perform dental implant surgery, implant-focused dentists are affiliated with and/or accredited by professional implant dentistry organizations including the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID), the International Congress of Oral Implantologist (ICOI), and the American Board of Oral Implantology (ABOI)
- Like other accomplished dentists, Dr. Singer writes about these issues and works collaboratively with other dental and medical specialists such as ENTs, trauma surgeons, sleep doctors, neurologists, physical therapists, chiropractors and other specialists.
- Dental implant qualifications also include his work at George Washington University Hospital as Asst. Clinical Professor of Surgery.
When shopping for an implant dentist, these are just some of the issues and qualifications that patients should look for. Whats more, Dr. Singer is a third-generation dentist and maintains the highest level of professional ethics. He expects nothing less than the best from his entire team.