Holistic Dentistry and the Prevalence of Migraine
Medical experts report that more 37 million Americans suffer from migraines.
Here are four more noteworthy facts about the prevalence of migraines and the need for alternative headache pain solutions:
- Research estimates that 13 percent of all American adults have migraines.
- Up to 3 million of the 37 million American migraine sufferers are said to experience chronic, reoccurring episodes.
- At least 5 million Americans suffer from at least one migraine headache a month.
- More than 11 million Americans attribute their disability status to chronic, severe migraines.
Once a migraine episode has begun, it can set off a neurological chain reaction that commonly triggers other pain and discomfort including:
- Sound or light sensitivity
- Pain elsewhere in the body
When you’re ready to explore how the holistic and neuromuscular dentistry practiced by Alexandria Dentist Dr. Cantante de Lawrence at DC Smiles can provide relief from your chronic headaches or migraines, please contact us online or call our offices directly to schedule an appointment: (703) 299-4614 in Alexandria, Va. o (202) 455-4920 in Washington, D.C.
Los comentarios están cerrados.