TMJ Patient Questions: Do You Have These Symptoms?
TMJ/TMD issues are equally common nationwide.
The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) puts the number of TMJ/TMD sufferers in the United States at about 10 million. But some of them may not realize how naturopathic and holistic dentists such as Dr. Lawrence Singer have made great strides in TMJ treatment and therapy.
Do You Have TMJ/TMD?
The following questions were developed by an international dental consortium and approved for use by the American Dental Association to aid dentists in accurately diagnosing Temporomandibular issues. They may be helpful if you suspect you have TMJ/TMD, although the best way to be certain is to consult our dentist at DC Smiles:
- Do you have pain in or around your jaw, temple or ear?
- Have you recently experienced headaches centered around your temple?
- Do you have head, neck, shoulder or back pain?
- Do you experience ringing in your ears?
- Do any of the following activities impact your pain: Chewing, talking, yawning or kissing?
- Does your jaw makes noise (clicking or popping) during movements?
- Have you ever experienced inexplicable lockjaw, either momentarily or for an extended period of time?
- If you have experienced lockjaw, did the sensation inhibit your ability to open your mouth, chew or speak?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you owe it to yourself to consult with Dr. Singer about the way jaw or bite pain can affect the whole body, and discuss how he treats Temporomandibular disorders.
To schedule your appointment with the holistic cosmetic dentist at D.C. Smiles, please contact us online or call one of our two locations: (703) 299-4614 in Alexandria or (202) 455-4920 in Washington, D.C.
Comments are closed.