Manejo del dolor
Alternating Tylenol and Motrin for Pain
Tylenol and Motrin can be alternated for severe pain as more relief may occur in this manner than taking them alone.
- To alternate them, start with 600 mg of Motrin (Ibuprofen) and then after 4 horas, take 500 mg of Tylenol.
- If pain is not relieved, alternate every 4 hours by taking 600mg more of Motrin (Ibuprofen) and then 500 mg of Tylenol.
Motrin (Ibuprofen) and Tylenol can be alternated in such a manner up to the maximum dose of each medicine per day.
- Motrin should not be given greater than four times per day.
- Tylenol should not be given greater than four times per day.
- For fever over 101, please contact the office.